Thursday, January 31, 2013

I am engaged!!

Gotcha!  Suckers!!!  ;) 

Actually, after I wrote this post title it is possible to read it from 2 different perspectives....  1.  As it is ENGAGED.  2.  As ENGORGED (the new Moms and Moms to be out there may think I had a type-o with engaged) -which, sorry folks, I am NOT. 

Now that I have cleared that up- I am not engaged or engorged.  I am happily married for almost 6 years now.  But today was the first time in 8 months I was able to wear my engagement ring!  Hot damn, today is a good day!  My wedding band still does not fit, but that is ok, baby steps. 

So, this post will mainly be about me as so many of you have asked what is happening with  my body, emotions, etc. now that baby Owen is here.

Overall, I am feeling really good (so much better than when O was in my belluh).  The negative effects of this is I want to do way too much.  Taking it "easy" has never really been a gear I have though.  My body does tell me when I need to back off and I reluctantly listen.  I do have to say O does a great job at keeping me still when he is in my arms.  Seriously, the starring at this kid can go on for hours.

I have 3 more weeks to go before I can do anything more than short walks.  I cannot wait.  I have quite a long list of new and exciting things to try work out wise and of course I can't wait to get back into the yoga room. 

Emotionally I am feeling ok.  I have had one really big break down when O was 7 days old and the break down had nothing to do with him.  So, I feel really lucky nothing too crazy has happened- YET.  ha ha.  Oh, I should mention I still suffer from pregnancy brain.  I have also been told by some wise Mommies it doesn't go away!  Ruh roh! 

My incision is healing nicely as far as I am concerned.  As I have mentioned before I don't mind if I end up with scaring.  Such a small thing in the grand scheme of things.   My stomach does look pretty funny though.  With the c section incision and Linea Nigra (that is the line down the belly some women get when they are pregnant) it looks like I was really sliced and diced. 

From all the funny positions feeding and holding Owen my back and neck have been really out of whack.  Thank goodness for the incredible Dr. Michelle Clark!  She is not only my friend, but back & neck miracle worker!  No joke Denver peeps, go seek her out if you haven't already.  She is all kinds of glitter and amazeballs. 

This weekend I will head to see Christine at Elixir from a yummy postnatal massage.

That is all I can think of now.  If you have any other questions please never hesitate to send them my way. 

Last but not least - this sweet boy is 3 weeks old today.  This truly is the most scary and rewarding thing I have ever done in my life. 

Look at O's funny faces.  I don't expect anything less from our kid- he is going to be quite animated in his expressions!  ;)





 







No comments:

Post a Comment