Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's the little things....

Owen is 2 weeks old today.  Time most certainly does fly when you are having fun.  And truthfully, we are having fun.  He is such a good baby.  He is so laid back and chill.  We really hit the lottery with this sweet guy. 

I think I have sat down at least a dozen times since last week to try and blog, but I just go right back to hanging out with him (starring at him).  The mornings have been quite fun lately as he is staying awake longer and becoming much more animated with all his movements and facial expressions.  He has been holding his strong neck up since day 2 (I am not kidding) and just 3 nights ago he rolled over on his own when we were having tummy time.  Ninja what!?  :) 

I am healing well only random pain when I do too much- which is my own fault.  Today was my 2 week check up with Dr. D'A.  It was the first time I have been on the scales since Owen was born.  I have lost 20 pounds.  Blood pressure and all vitals are great.  My eye still looks gnarly from the broken blood vessle, but it is much better.  My right hand is STILL lame.  :(  The steri strips came off and my incision seems to being doing well despite how icky it does look.  She had me buy some Scargaurd to apply for the next few weeks to help with scarring.  She is being really hard on herself about the extra cut she had to make to get Owen out.  Which I do understand- she is a perfectionist, however, what was and is most important was getting Owen out safe and sound.  If I have a scar from this sweet dude it will be a constant reminder of how worth it all he was each time I see it! 

We continue to be blessed with visitors that love Owen so much.  Once again and not to sound like a broken record, but we are so thankful for each and every one of you. 

Molly and I were texting today about Owen and one of her texts said "DCT".  I typed back "what is DCT"?  She sent back, "Dream Come True"....  and that he is.  We couldn't ask for anything more.  He shows us each day it is the little things that matter.

More to come tomorrow or this weekend.  O has another appointment with his doc in the morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment