Friday, January 25, 2013

"They Call Me The Fireman- Ya Owen's My Name"

This story is delayed, but totally awesome nonetheless. 

Sit back, relax and enjoy.

It was night number 3 at home with Owen and I took the three-ish AM shift for Joe.  All went well -as usual.  Each day/night a new challenge and more learning, but nothing over the top.  Just taking time to get in the groove of things.  Notice the "taking time" part.  Sometimes taking your time does not pay off. 

I was changing Owen's diaper and at that time I was really bad at it with my hand still being all numb and messed up.  So things do go slower.  This did not work in my favor on said night.  All the sudden (just like in the movies) Owen started to pee....  EVERYWHERE

Instead of reacting like a normal person probably would (you know by covering his binker with something to stop the fire hose flow) I threw my hands in the air and screamed.  I was in shock.  This was the real deal.  I mean this is a little 6.5 pound dude and the pee stream was strong. 

So, upon throwing up my hands up (pacifier, wipes and whatever else was in my hands went flying behind me- it looked like a war zone) pee hit me in the eye, then my mouth- yep.  Oh it gets better. Then Owen shifted just a tad and then it hit the window, followed by his brand new chair and finally and last, but certainly not least- KONA! 

It was over almost as quickly as it had started, however, Kona and I were totally startled. And what did little Owen do after all of this? He smirked at me and then started kicking his legs up and down. I couldn't help but laugh my booty off, console Kona (he had no idea what had just happened and looked really confused) and then get to cleaning. I laughed to myself for at least the next couple hours. And I still laugh about it now wishing I had this on video!

Yep, it is funny peeing all over Mommy and my dog Kona!

From Kona-  "It is hard having a little brother.....but I really like him"





 

No comments:

Post a Comment