Sunday, November 25, 2012

Post Thanksgiving post!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving Holiday!  I did not intend not to write anything over the past few days, but that is what happens when you have a lame hand (yes, you guessed right- it is no better)! 

We had a very good and laid back Thanksgiving.  It was a beautiful day, the weather was perfect outside.  We started with a kick booty yoga class and then on to making food for the rest of the day.  I am only bummed I didn't take any pictures.  We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, sweet potatoes and rolls.  Yum.  I am sure you are not surprised, we stuffed our faces!  Especially me, gotta feed that Ninja, right?

It is hard to believe that a year ago Thanksgiving Joe and I were in Steamboat Springs enjoying snowboarding, hot tubing, drinking and cooking.  At the same time Molly and I were prepping to release our Still Not Pregnant blog. What a difference a year makes.  There have been set backs.  There have been leaps forward.  And lots of things in between.  I look back on our long journey and my writings in STILL and know how incredibly blessed we are right now.  Never in a million years did I think we would be staying in the city for this holiday and not heading to the mountains because we are so close to having the Ninja.  Yes, call me crazy if you would like, but we didn't want to take any chances if he wanted to make an early appearance.  Being close to my doctor is top priority for this little one and me!

Last Tuesday was a check up with Dr. D'A's office.  I met a new doc (Dr. Jacobson) who was quite nice.  I have to give Rocky Mountain OB-GYN big props for having some of the best girly doctors that I have worked with to date.  Everything was fine.  Ninja's heartbeat was right where it needs to be this far in the game (149), he was moving and shaking his kung foo fighter all around for the doctor.  The good doc said he was quite content in my belly- to which I laughed - and said "don't get too comfortable kid"!  My belly measurements are right on as well, looks like he is still measuring a little ahead of date, but we can't be sure without an ultrasound.  If you can believe it I only gained two pounds since my last check.  I thought for sure with the mass consumption of food as of late that number would have been much higher.  I go back again this Tuesday to see Dr. D'A and this will mark weekly appointments for me and the Ninja. 

In the meantime we are still working on the nursery- sorry no pics yet.  One more piece of furniture and I promise to post!  I am working on getting together a hospital bag or at least a solid list just in case Joe might have to throw one together for me.  We have another class scheduled for next week - Baby Safety.  We also need to get around to watching our Happiest Baby On The Block DVD!

I continue to be amazed how quickly, yet slowly the time is passing.  Nothing new to report with my body besides the same.  I am quite miserable.  However, here is something I thought about a couple weeks ago.  The only thing not hurting me right now is my low back and hips!  These two areas are typically what all pregnant women complain about.  Not this one though-  just everything else!!  You should see me try to get out of bed, now this is funny rolly poley stuff!

Here are some updates:

How far along?  33 weeks and 4 days.  Holy s*** - this means about only 45 days to go!?! 

Baby's Size:  Durian Fruit (see pic).  He is approximately 17-19 inches long and weighs 4-6 pounds. 

Total Weight Gain: 37 pounds

Maternity Clothes:  I purchased my first maternity shirt from Target on Wednesday.  I don't like it or need it really, I just wanted to try one.  I also tried on a pair of COH maternity jeans just to see, I also did not like them or the price tag - $225?  No thanks.  I can still wear my size up pricey jeans just fine that have a waist and button. 

Sleep:  No improvement there, only about 3 hours on and off throughout the night.

Best moment this past week:  Having some much needed time off with my husband. 

Miss anything?  Being able to easily bend over.  My belluh is really getting in the way these days.

Craving anything?  My hand to not hurt.  Is that considered a craving?  I will go with yes.  PS- I am still eating all the time so no specific food cravings, just all. 

Belly button in or out?  Almost an outtie!

Happy or Moody most of the time?  Mood swings have been pretty crappy this last week.  My husband has been the target of most of them.  Poor guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment