Sunday, November 4, 2012

Eye of the Tiger

Cue Rocky music...  I know you all know it! 

So far the third trimester has proven to be incredibly challenging on my body and mind.  I hurt. My fuse is very short.  However, I am still really grateful, so don't get me wrong.  These are just my rants and opinions of one loco pregnant lady that is all.  So, when I say things it is by no means coming from a place of bad intention.  Just whats bouncing around in my head. 

I have decided to go through with getting the steroid shot in my hand (it has taken me about 4 days to compose this post).  The numbness is crippling through my hand and fingers.  It has now has found its way all the way up to my shoulder.  I couldn't even do downward facing dog last week and trust me, this girl needs her yoga at least!  I have tried to battle it out and now I am waving the white flag to "pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome". 

Hello Braxton Hicks contractions!  I have mentioned these in previous posts hoping that was not what was going on, but today there is no doubt that is exactly what is happening.  Ladies, any advice on these?  What I have learned in my body is they are tricky little contractions.  Sometimes really intense and painful other times just a tensing/hardening feeling through the belly.

I could go on and on about the other things my body is experiencing, but I will stop and leave you with this last one because quite frankly (though miserable) it is funny.  Last night alone I had to get up and go pee 11 times between 11pm & 6am (and I am not being dramatic with the number 11, it was 11).  WTF?!  I am convinced while the Ninja is asleep he uses my bladder as a body pillow and while he is awake he uses it as a trampoline.  I told one of my friends this today and her response was "next time just sleep on the toilet yo".  ha ha ha ha  Have I mentioned how much I love my friends?  They keep me laughing, that is for sure. 

I will write more later, for now I am keeping my eyes in the prize- NINJA and playing Eye of the Tiger as my daily theme song......   hahaha






3 comments:

  1. I had wicked BH contractions during my 1st pregnancy and the only thing that seemed to help was to sit down and put my feet up. I wish there was a better answer for those things.

    It's a cruel twist of pregnancy that they want us to drink all this water which then keeps us up all night going to the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldnt have said it any better Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cannot wait to meet this little ninja. he has got to be one feisty man.

    ReplyDelete