Thursday, October 11, 2012

I'm A Big Kid Now?

I don't know about you guys but I took a look at my make up the other day and kinda threw up in my mouth a little when I started thinking how OLD it is (Kristy, when did you get married?  Yea, don't answer that, I know when it was).  Ew.  I figure it is something that is easy to overlook when you rarely wear it?   

As luck would have it one of my good friends was also in the same boat.  So, off we went to Nordstrom's to the Bobbi Brown makeup counter to get our makeup done by the professionals.  I have never used Bobbi Brown products, but we picked this based off of a glowing recommendation from another friend.   

We had a lot of fun and ended up really liking the products.  After making the purchase of our new "big girl" make up (complete with some real foundation and concealer- these products are new to me) we wondered how we would duplicate their work.  Surely we will remember & surely we will look just as great when applied by our own hands? 

In a way it did make me feel like a grown up though.  Then I thought, wait, I am 35.  I am a grown up?  Nah.  Age is just a number and you are only as old as you act.  Ha! 

The arsenal of "big girl" makeup
Here is my take away from the experience.  I slowed down and had a ton of fun with a friend.  Priceless.  I have also successfully used the concealer, mascara & bronzer.  I will keep ya posted on the rest. 

Hope everyone is having a great week and finding some time to slow down and have fun with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment