Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Abundance

Though I do not like getting up early (5:45am today), this morning I was reminded why I used to like teaching early morning classes. 

After I quit my job trading in 2009 sleeping in used to be 5:30am (no joke, some days I was up by 3:45am and most days into work by 4:45am).  So it was only natural that I started teaching early morning yoga classes.  The studio is quiet & serene as you start to see the sun pop up over the mountains.  Walking from the chilly lobby into the heated yoga room feels so nice (especially on a fall morning).  If there are windows you start to see signs of early morning sun glisten in from them.  Not to mention, the early morning practitioners are some of the best and most dedicated you will meet. 

Once my job shifted into more than teaching getting up early was no longer optimal for the job.  I started to go in later and later.  It took quite a long time to sleep past even 6am once I started this transition, but now, 2 years later it is quite difficult for me to get up this early.  I have never really been a morning person, which is so funny given the professional field I was in for 10 years.   

Needless to say it was super tough when the alarm went off this morning.  Even Kona didn't want to get up.  I am sure it doesn't help that I do not sleep much anymore (I am averaging 3-4 hours on and off through the night right now).  Once Kona and I were up we headed out for our morning walk.  It was still dark and crisp outside.  I promised him if he was all business we could play later today.  He complied (what a good golden). 

Off to the studio I went.  It is nice to be reminded of the simple things.  I enjoyed not only a beautiful Denver sunrise, but a great class.  The instructors theme for class was "abundance".  This prompted me to look up the literal meaning as I thought it was a lovely way to set the day.  And for reals, the word has DANCE in it.  Who doesn't like to do that?!? 


a·bun·dance

[uh-buhn-duhns] Show IPA
noun
1.
an extremely plentiful or oversufficient quantity or supply: an abundance of grain.
2.
overflowing fullness: abundance of the heart.
3.
affluence; wealth: the enjoyment of abundance.

Even though this pregnancy is kicking my ass, the Ninja is my abundance.  He is my enjoyment and overflowing fullness.  I am so excited to have him here with Joe and I when he decides to make his way into this world.  Until then-  I will continue to remind myself of the little things, like today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment