Sunday, May 26, 2013

Still learning....

I continue to be amazed by my son.  There are plenty of days I step back and go, "whoh, I am a Mom to this cool ass Ninja" (ya we say that).

What I think is super cool is HE is teaching me so much.  I can only hope I am teaching him as well....

I have had some things happen in the past weeks that have tested so much of what I believe in, what I know, what I stand for and quite frankly some shit that would normally drive me to crazy town. 

I have to say because of this sweet Ninja I find myself stepping back and looking at the bigger picture. 

I laughed at those who thought they could break bonds.  I embraced those who are here even more for their love and kindness.  I was reminded that no matter how much time passes- a true friendship is always there. 

A very dear friend of mine enclosed this in a card for sweet Owen and I am still moved......
 
Bless this little heart, this white soul has won the kiss of heave for our earth.
He loves the light of sun, he loves the sight of his Mothers face.
 
He has not learned to despise the dust, and to hanker after gold.
 
Clasp him to your heart and bless him.  He has come into this land of a hundred crossroads.
 
I know not how he chose you from the crowd, came to your door, and grasped your hand to ask his way.
 
He will follow you, laughing and talking, and not a doubt in his heart. 

Keep his trust, lead him straight and bless him.
 
Lay your hand on his head, and pray that though the waves underneath grow threatening, yet the breath from above many come and fill his sails and waft in to the heaven of peace. 
 
-Rabindranath Tagore

Thank you. Thank you.

And here is the sweet Ninja at 4 months.  Over due - as per my style.  haha 






No comments:

Post a Comment